This leather travel journal features a silhouette of Lake Superior on the front cover, making it perfect for anyone who loves exploring the great lake! Also makes the perfect cabin guest book!
This journal measures 4.5" x 6" and features:
- 200 pages (counting both sides) 67 lb, unlined cream colored paper
- paper is sturdy, acid free and works wonderfully with all dry media, pen and ink and can even handle light washes
- strong waxed linen thread binding the pages directly to the cover
- the long stitch binding method so pages lay flat, allowing you to fill up every inch of them
- cover and closure made from super soft, recycled leather
- a silhouette of Lake Superior that I created by carving out a stamp and printing onto suede before handstitching to the cover
I am very passionate about slow craft which means that everything you see here has been cut, stitched and finished by my own two hands. No machines used here!
The leather I use is hand picked by me from companies that have deemed the hide imperfect due to a brand or the color not being to their liking; this is the very reason that I use these hides. I want to breathe new life into something would have otherwise been discarded.