Classic handmade leather tote bag in a rich and sturdy chocolate brown leather. This leather bag is beautiful and durable; making it the perfect companion to any adventure!
- Size: Tote measures 17" h x 14" w x 4" d. Straps extend 12" above bag, making it a great shoulder bag.
- Outside pocket: measures 7" x " . It makes a perfect cellphone pocket and also comfortably fits my standard size field note holder.
- Inside pocket: measures 9" x 6" with a 7" zipper. This interior zip pocket gives you a safe place to store your wallet, keys or other small valuables.
- Material: leather bag is made from thick oil tanned leather. This leather will achieve a beautiful patina with time and use. Straps are made from thick bridle leather allowing you to carry large and heavy items such as laptops without stretching.
- Technique: This bag is 100% hand stitched using strong waxed linen thread. The saddle stitch technique is a superior stitch to what a machine can create, therefore creating a strong and durable bag. I have also riveted stress points on the straps and pocket corner for added durability and style.
I am very passionate about slow craft which means that everything you see here has been cut, stitched and finished by my own two hands. No machines used here! This bag takes me approximately 8 hours to complete but it is always worth it in the end.
The leather I use is hand picked by me for both its quality and beauty. It also happens to be repurposed leather from from companies that have deemed these hides imperfect due to a brand or the color not being to their liking; this is the very reason that I use these hides. I want to breathe new life into something would have otherwise been discarded.